A chance reconnect -- Heartfulness of Abundant Joy

 

This Sunday ( 3/2/24 ) , I was at a Federation that supports the needs of People with Disabilities ( Diverse abilities ). It was their District conference and I went there to make connections for my organization and leverage their federation . 

While the meeting went on desired lines  and as it was about to close formally , a young man who had lost both his hands got up on stage – He insisted that he had to speak – I did not recognize him instantly but as I stared at him . a little more intently , i told myself—Wow – I know this  person.  I rushed up on to stage and gave him a tight hug .         now  wind back seven or eight years back …….

------------------------------------------------ Flash back but no music as in movies---------------

Venkatesan the person who lost both his hands in an accident was the person on stage. I got to know him through a Rotary event.  I took an instant liking for him .. This was sometime in 2013 and he was pursuing his PG. With such disadvantage , he wanted to complete his PG and then start working as a teacher. I kept in constant touch and helped him with material and resources to complete his PG.  This included travel outside for his project .

 

Whenever I called him over mobile  , he will not pick up instantly as he needed help from others to pick the phone ( Push Button mobile phones )..   He would call back and then we would have the discussion .  He did complete his PG in 2016 or so  and then was looking for a job as a teacher in his home district Dharmapuri ( a district in TN ) . He did not get a job quickly enough. Towards the later part of 2017 , I lost touch with him. I tried calling him many times but he did not respond at all.. He was in my thoughts but I had no way of connecting with him –   

 

 I was overjoyed to see him – I used to worry at times as to what happened to him during this period – My joy was more as he told me that he had a job as a teacher in his hometown itself  and was married and had two children – He was so happy that he was doing what he liked as a teacher. He told that he lost his phone and with that all contacts etc. And he said , these days because of the smart phones I can pick up calls instantly ( Using the limbs to slide )  , Venkatesan s life  is a story of true grit and determination to overcome odds come what may. Several people work through severe hardships and overcome them . And today , technology is playing a great part in helping these people with disabilities. Lot more can be continued to be  done to help

Actually I did not see him the in the crowd at the event , but he saw me and then walked up stage to ensure that he shared the story of my support for him—   

A chance meeting that really brought  Abundant Joy to me – It is difficult to describe how one feels at that moment --   It just made my day and got my energy levels  so high !

God is always kind 😊

 

Comments

Vimala said…
Inspiring!
Great to reconnect
Glad to read abt Venkatesan and his hardwork
A real joy for you

Sahana said…
Good deeds never go unnoticed Appa! Keep continuing the great work you do, always getting inspired to do better because of you!
Manoj said…
You are an inspirational to us Sri! Kudos to your great work😊
S.K.Vadivelan said…
Thanks for sharing, Sri. Good.
Prasanna said…
Inspiring Sri!!
Heartwarming and beautifull! You are blessed with a kind heart Sri.
Praveen said…
Hi Sri, Lovely as the saying goes, The giver is more blessed than the receiver. Understand your joy knew no bounds at the moment :)
Partha said…
Good one Srikanth

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections