The Morning Walks – what can distract one ?

I am fanatical and paranoid of my morning walks. I feel upset and dull if I miss my morning walk. The Walk gives me space for myself and also brings in fresh air and helps me to keep myself fit . Most needed to keep me energized and excited. Most times, I walk alone but I do enjoy the bi weekly beach walk with my colleagues and week end strolls with my wife as well. Walking to me is a great stress reliever and when I walk alone I find it the best . I get lot of ideas for various problems that I come across. Some of these ideas turn in to solutions and so I like the walks that I do on my own.
.


My walk alone last week was very funny and interesting and at the end of the walk I had no ideas except thinking about why it went that way and for what reasons. None of the above things in my first Para applied to this walk . Totally diverted by a companion who wanted to walk with me !


I was walking alone and wanted to do more than I would walk on a normal day. I would have done up to a kilometer out of the planned Four kilometers when I realized that I had a diverse company to walk with me . I noticed the footsteps and it was very close . I ignored and carried on. The noise of the footsteps become more audible and becoming more closer. I turned around and it was a Dog . Not sure why it wanted to come with me for the walk ?. I increased my pace , so did my companion. My attention on to my thoughts were totally diverted and it was only focused on shaking off the dog from coming with me .


Suddenly , I missed the footsteps only to notice that a Lamp post on the road had temporarily diverted the attention but in no time the chase was on. I was now keen to get rid of the unwanted company. I upped my pace and started to jog. The Dog ran as well and was with me as I jogged . This follow up was going on for more than a kilometer and I was losing my patience. I stopped and picked up few pebbles on the road. My companion saw this and waited with guarded looks to see what my next move would be. I thought , this act alone will shrug it off . But no.. the chase started. I stopped and decided to use my armory of pebbles. I threw one with no intention of hurting. Just threw it on the ground. The Dog saw my act , was cool as cucumber and started to follow me again. May be it thought, I was not capable of throwing the stone ! Second time around, my act was more direct. I threw at the Dog but missed it by a mile. But this had a desired effect and the Dog stopped following me. I started my walk again . But this whole process really shook off my thoughts and not sure how many on the road watched this act of me being followed by a Dog and me trying my best to shrug off the Dog.


Forget the incident . key is to keep doing those things that help you keep fit , energised and be full of ideas  and not get distracted  !


Comments

Anonymous said…
Loved your post Sri, I was visualizing you and the dog going through this as I was reading it.

How funny it would have been.

I wonder what the dog was thinking...
Anoop said…
Loved your post Sri, I was visualizing you and the dog going through this as I was reading it.

How funny it would have been.

I wonder what the dog was thinking...
Anonymous said…
Yaar Yaar Sivam. Nee Naan Sivam. Great post Sri. Was waiting to see it in words. Found it even more exciting. Babu Pr
shobha arvind said…
Very very funny. I just can't imagine it. How come it is inherited or what. Even when Rajesh used to go in cycle in our jawaharnagar dogs used to chase him.
As long as it did not pounce on you. It's good
Though it sounds funny to read, you must have been tense going thru the experience. Atleast I was when I had similar experiences during my morning walks. I also entirely endorse your sentiments expressed in the first para of the article. Absorbing piece. Enjoyed reading it. RVRajan
Though it sounds funny to read, you must have been tense going thru the experience. Atleast I was when I had similar experiences during my morning walks. I also entirely endorse your sentiments expressed in the first para of the article. Absorbing piece. Enjoyed reading it. RVRajan
Anonymous said…
Hey you didn't tell me this. And from tomorrow you are allowed to go alone as you would like to walk alone.

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections