Feb 4th

Quotable Quotes

The security at these events needs to be beefed up drastically. No matter where I go, I always feel unwanted eyes following me. It is a dirty world out there-Tanusree Dutta after she slapped a man for misbehaving with her at a function in Bangalore

The election is about the past versus the future-- Barak Obama US presidential hopeful

Please do not smoke in any of your movies Mr Sharukh Khan -- Anbumani Ramadoss Union health minister

War against terror is not in Afghanistan but Pakistan-- Hamid Karzai President of Afghanistan

Snippets

Delhi

In road accidents , many lives are lost for want of timely medical help. The delay is often because of traffic snarls that hinder the movement of ambulances. To circumvent this problem , the centralised Accident and trauma service is planning to launch bike ambulances. This rapid action force of a driver and attendant will zip through the city, 24 X 7

Orissa

Hostel food can be revolting. Hundreds of boarders of a residential high school for tribal's in Berhampur village of Kandhama district revolted over the quality of food in the mess and walked out of the hostel. For the authorities the writing was on the wall. Before they went home the students wrote out their grievances on the hostel wall.



This is an interesting :
When Rediff.com requested former President A P J Abdul Kalam to compose a Republic Day message for our readers, he promptly sent us this piece, which we are honoured to publish:
Dear friends, let me share with you a seven-point resolve on the occasion of ensuing Republic Day 2008:
1. Wherever I am, a thought will always come to my mind -- *What can I give?*
2. Whatever the mission I will do, my motto will be *to work with integrity and succeed with integrity.*
3. I will always remember that *my winged days, be not spent in vain*.
4. I realise I have to set a great goal that will *lead me to think high*, work and realise the goal.
5. My greatest friends will be *great human beings, great teachers and great books*.
6. I will firmly believe that no problem can defeat me; *I will become the captain of the problem, defeat the problem and succeed.*
7. My National Flag flies in my heart and I will bring glory to my nation.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Sri
Thanks for sharing APJ's republic day message. Points 1 and 7 touched my heart.

Bike Ambulance -- There can be only three places to sit in a bike. The fuel tank, front seat and the rear. Three people involved -- the bike driver, attendant and the patient. I wonder where they would sit.
Babu PR.

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections