Sept 22nd

Quotes of the week
Boycott can say whatever he wants. He once batted the whole day and hit just one four-- Virender Sewag reacting to Boycott's comments that he ( sehwag ) was talented but brainless
I live in a clean neat manner - Shivraj patil Union home minister
We will completely crush the LTTE. It can be done-- Mahinda Rajapaksha -- SriLanka President
The USA is the biggest enemy of jihadis. But after 9/11 not even a single terrorist strike has taken place there. We have to find out why we are constantly being targeted by terrorists-- L. K. Advani Leader of Opposition.
Couriers -- How technology is changing it for them
Early last week , I had a very pleasant experience -- My credit card was being replaced -- they landed up home but wanted my signature-- they called me and requested for a appointment to deliver !! I gave them our lunch time and they did turn up on time-- What followed was more pleasant-- I was asked to identify myself and showed our company identity card -- I expected the person to take out sheaves of paper and scribble -- No he did not -- he had a instrument that was the size of a walkie talkie-- he wrote with his pen my identity proof -- He then flashed the instrument to me and asked me sign on the screen with the pen-- I signed , it was digitally captured and that was it -- I was delivered by parcel and the man left -- no crumpled papers etc., I chatted with him -- He was happy that his company had given him this instrument and it was so easy to handle and he could track every delivery on the instrument-- he added that the data was downloaded and then transferred to their server and we can view on the web-- this was great and the person handling this could be in to his sixties -- I am sure all of you must be seeing this trend --The only concern is the signature getting captured -- not sure if there can be a misuse - Do let me know if you think it can be -- The courier in concern was not one of the big timers..

US Open
I had not written about Roger Federer and his remarkable triumph at the US open for obvious reasons --Wanted to see if people were interested in him and me writing on him-- yeah there are and I must thank them for making me write --
I had written earlier on Federer loosing two major finals , his no 1 ranking that he held on for nearly four years and all to one person Rafel Nadal -- (I had written in my blog of Aug 4th as to what will he do ?)
What were the options to Federer ? Quit Tennis ? Take a sabbatical ? Change coach ? Skip the US open and take rest ?
Federer did none of that and showed what a champion he is and what all champions need to do - Win the title -- Federer's run to the US open was not impressive -- he lost his singles match at the Olympics but won the doubles event at the Olympics -- that was a encouraging sign -- He was aggressive on the court and we could see this in the match he and Wawrinka played against Leander and Mahesh and which they won- In the US open he raised his game well enough , cut down errors and the turning point came when played Djokvic -- Federer had lost in other tournaments to Djokvic but Federer did not allow that to get in to his mind- he played great , pushed the young Serb in to errors and in to submission and waited for the winner of the Rafel Nadal - Andy Murray clash in the final- Federer when asked who he preferred in the final as an opponent said Nadal and the reason for his choice -- he was used to playing Nadal-- I am not sure if this was deliberate or true words from the Champion-- I am not sure if one would say this having lost two finals to that person- But Federer said that-- and in the final it was Murray not Nadal who went through- Nadal played below expectations but Murray played above himself and it was expected that he would beat Nadal. Once it was Murray , it was clear that Federer will win his US open title for the fifth time in a row and he did that with ease- One must admit the champion stuff that he displayed as he came back to win a GP title--
Champions do not crash -- they show so much resilience , confidence in their abilities , focus and great intensity in what they do -- Federer had all of that and again as I say -- he was worthy winner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections