April 27th Updates

Quotable quotes of the week

It's good to be written about. I keep all that on my dining table and my wife and I often have a good laugh about it -- Akshay Kumar Actor

So much security is not even provided to the Prime Minister > it is just to prove to the world that we are a strong democracy-- Bal Thackery Shiva Sena Chief on security to Pak terrorist Ajmal Kasab

I speak little . I am better at reading or even cleaning the house and washing clothes - Tiger Woods golf player

Visit to Sridharan Uncle' s farm
By Sri Sahana :
My mother woke me early at 5:30 AM --the previous night , I promised I will get up as soon as she prompts - I got up and quickly made myself ready-- We went to Dandu Mama's house and pick up all cousins in to Endeavour- Partha Uncle and Sridharan uncle joined us -- We went to Padi and found Sateesh Uncle , Balaji Uncle and Venkat uncle -- we went to the farm - We cut the cake for Kavitha Mami and surprised her-- Amma gave her a Crochet bag and then me , my cousin and my father's friends children got in to the tractor-- (Venkat uncle went and got Radha Uncle to the farm )
It was small drive -- It was a nice drive --
Then , we saw banana plants -- We saw Brinjal tree , paddy field and then corn field -- Bitter gourd -- We smelt Vasubu chedi -- It was a nice smell
Ants bite me - Very painful -- I started crying -- Ant bit others -- Kaavya also was crying -- , It was difficult to walk on the fields --because it was poking my leg and long distance to walk -- We had tender coconut water and went to the pump set --we took a bath very nicely - for a long time till the motor stopped -- All of us made noise and enjoyed the bath --You had nice idlies and Tropicana Apple juice-
Came back to the nursery , went around and saw nice nice trees and nice and nice plants--Sridhar uncle gave all of us corn to take home and eat later
Came back home very happy-- I liked the farm visit very much-

I told my daughter that she has to give a write up for the blog -- She said she will tell about it and I can type it out ( yenna selegation ) So there is the transcript from her
To make it clear , few like minded of us , got a great chance to visit a farm and have a good walk around through it -- My Rotarian Friend owns and runs this farm that is not very far from the city ( we reached it with a hours drive ) -- We could really see what a difficult job he had but kudos to him and many of his tribe who produce what we can eat --It was also good for the kids -- they could have never seen what they saw fpr they used to buyung things in the Supermarket and would not know how much hard work goes in
Sridharan is a modern techie farmer ( he sends mails from his IPOD !! )- he drives in a Volkswagen Jetta and does smart work on his farm- He took us patiently through his farm , kept everyone interested -- His wife also came with us just to spend time with us -We had a great time in the pump set and most of us look shiny and gleamy after the bath !! And even more nice was the breakfast -- How hungry can one be after a bath like this !!
A good outing for the week end..

Formula one

Ferrari got its first point of this season as Raikonen finished sixth in the Bahrain GP -- Massa was right at the back of the field -- Technical problems continue to plague Ferrari and this year looks like gone until there is a great change once the circuit moves to Europe -- One , Ferraris have to do well and then Brawn and others have to fail miserably -- I see both not happening --
Jenson Button continued the amazing success story of Brawn racing by winning this race very comfortably-- At no point did he look threatened -- Toyota and Red Bull continued their climb as they took Podium positions as well -- McLaren fared better but they still have lot of catching to do--
One thing that puzzles or amazes me is that the circuits are the same , but the changes in technology or rules can make the handling of the car change and with it goes reliability and the chance it win -- How else can one explain McLaren and Ferrari who were the top board leaders in 2008 loose out in 2009 ? Brawn which took over the ailing Honda ( which never won a race for the time they competed ) managed to get the technology right and blend it with the rules of the race -- And as I wrote earlier , they have Ross Brawn who has brought in all the experience of his racing with Ferrari to the team

Football

I was glad that I stayed late to watch ManU play Spurs on Saturday -- At halftime things were looking bleak for the defending champion ManU-- they were down by two goals and the Championship looked like slipping out -- In the 52 minute a harsh decision by the referee to award a penalty against the Spurs changed the complexion of the match -- ManU scored on the penalty and in a dominating session in the next fifteen minutes threw the wind out of the sail for Spurs-- four more goals were scored as the Spurs defence cracked and made silly mistakes -- overall a happy ManU fan

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can imagine -- awesome experience for the kids. I liked Sri Sahana's narration. Free flowing and sequential thoughts. Couple more times and she will catch up on the footsteps of her father. Consider these for the kids -- cattle farm, chicken farm, bee hive, polyhouse, village thiruvizha. Good reading, thanks. Babu PR

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections