Happy New Year Jan 4th Update

Quotable Quotes of the week


Life isn't all about working hard and being successful. Humility is very important - Uday Chopra Actor

If the Congress party gets weak , then India becomes weak -- Man Mohan Singh PM

Our country can be saved only if a permit system is introduced in Mumbai and Delhi -- Bal Thackeray Shiv Sena Supremo on the influx of migrants

Look at me , I am 86. My age disproves the wild allegations being spread . With your love, I just have a few more years. ND Tiwari Former Andra Pradesh Governor on the sex scandal that cost his job

Welcome 2010

The last two weeks of December 2009 was great -- It was because I did some of those things that I could not do throughout the year and enjoyed doing them now when I got the best opportunity -

Here it goes....


Caught up with friends , ex colleagues , my mentor and good adviser , associates whom I could not meet socially through the year


Went off the network for five days ( no access to emails but could not avoid the mobile phone which has become a part of your system ). The result was just great and you find so much time for everything else. We could be very happy without seeing emails , other sites etc.,

Went to a temple that I have not visited before . This was exploratory , peep in to history and also little bit of exercise as well. Family enjoyed this one so well.

Went to my favourite temple on a day there was no crowd ( Jan 2nd -- the temple was deserted whereas on Jan 1 it would have been impossible to get darshan ). Again , it was pleasure going with extended family ..

Did my year end holiday to one of our favourite destinations and the drive through the NH45 ( Chennai -Trichy ) was just great ( why cannot all roads be like this )- Drove close to 1200 KMS and it was very enjoyable for most parts--

Did spend so much time at home and family that at one point , was asked when am I getting back to work from office ? ( ahh that hurts )



Like all good things have to come to an end, back to work -

The challenge and madness of 2010 has started -

Comments

pandiyan said…
Journey was enjoyable for the most part...

What happened?
Sri said…
Pandiyan -- Just the state of the roads hamper the bliss of driving pleasure and so extn of NH45 from Trichy to Dindgul spoiled that ...Nothing else happened !!

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections