Interesting :
It took the BSE Index 480 days or so to get from 10,000 to 20000 but took only 190 odd days to come back from 20,000 to 10,000 -
Shows how fast the decline is and also how it takes time to grow !
Quotable Quotes
Life is too short to hold grudges. If someone doesn't mess with me , I won't mess back -- Salman Khan Actor
I hate my son throwing away his wicket. It does not matter whether you are batting on 100 or 200 , you must never give away your wicket -- Yograj Singh Father of Yuvaraj
The Beijing Olympics changed my life. No longer do people confuse me with Sania -- Saina Nehwal Badminton Star on people confusing her with Tennis star Sania Mirza
I respect Lalu Prasad Yadav as an elder brother but he has now become a fused bulb and a fused bulb cannot give light no matter how much energy is supplied to it- Nitish Kumar Bihar CM on the Union railway Minister
Matches and Flood lights
I was really wondering if this was the way to do it when there is power shortage in all parts of the country and especially in Southern states-- I am a great sports lover but when you look around and see that there is greater economic impact due to shortage of power why stage a match under flood lights ? The recent India Eng match at Bangalore under flood lights should be questioned -- Why cannot we play under day light ? We can play under flood lights if there was enough power available -- These come when the basic needs are met ! People can still enjoy the sport but under natural light and that should be the way to go rather than do fancy things that are not required at this time
Dealing with Government agencies --
I had a struggle last week-- Suddenly I landed up with a bill from Electricity board that was about six times my normal billing -- Reason : my meter was not working - Any rationale for the six times avg billing ? No -- the biller just put in a number that he liked -- I went to the EB office to sort this ( my wife had visited earlier but being a lady she was not able to challenge or articulate a correction of the billing ) -- Were they courteous - Of course they were but that was with their own bench mark of what is service and who is a customer -- I had to explain that during the last 12 months my reading was very consistent and suddenly just because the meter was not working it cannot be six times !-- It took me several lines of argument and the biller agreed to reduce it to levels that showed consistency -- The senior official was trying to help but he was busy playing games on his mobile !! He said that he was very busy !! I wanted the issue to be resolved and asked them to visit my home to check why the meter was not functioning -- A person did turn up and found that the meter was burnt -- manufacturing defect Sir was his response-- Will there be a replacement -- No sir , you pay for the meter -- You go to the office again- Yes defectives do happen but you are unlucky Sir -- We do not know how to get this to the manufacturer ( I could not believe this ) - I try to reason saying that the installation was new and there has to be a warranty on the meter -- No - If you want the issue to be resolved , pay for the new meter -- Finally due to lack of energy and time , I paid up and left -- I am sure the meter will be replaced and the old one will find its way to new customers !!
Varanam Aiyaram
Great movie ? Hyped movie ? Well thought through movie ? Surya at his best as a father and son role ? Six pack ?
For all that the movie was a okay one -- It was a very soft movie and has its moments of standing apart but not all through the movie -- And the biggest problem was the movie ran for three hours -- that was the killer -- if this was edited to a 2 hour movie , I think one will relish it better --
I enjoyed few scenes where we could see the Pilot theatre and with the film " Sathya " in the background -- brought some lovely memories of bachelorhood and freedom !! -- and also remembering Ilayaraja songs to express happiness and love !!
Songs are wonderful tuned in by Harris Jayaraj and will do their rounds on mobile ringtone/ caller tone tunes as well as the local FM radio channels ( they already are )

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good stat on index rise & fall. I hope it stabilises and do not fall further.

Excellent thought on power saving techniques – Conduct only day matches rather than day & night.

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections