October 27th Updates

Quotable Quotes of the week
Aishwarya Rai is the biggest example of bad acting. IN Bollywood, people can become superstars just by having a pretty face. Russel Peters Canadian comedian of Indian origin on Bollywood actors
Arrest me and be ready to bear the consequences.. You will have to regret-- Raj Thackeray MNS leader on his arrest.
My father was a Prime Minister. MY grandmother was also a Prime Minister, but id did not get justice. My father was killed by a bomb. Forty people were involved> it has taken 17 years, but still there has been no punishment - Rahul Gandhi Congress MP

The Traffic Chaos continues
If you thought my last week frustration on the rain and traffic was terrible , the Friday event ( Oct 24 th ) of human chain and rains played havoc -- It took me around 3.5 hours to get home -- At least I was in the car -- I was only worried about people that had catch trains or buses to get to their hometowns to be with their families for the Diwali-- As I struggled to get going, I saw many people with baggage running on the pavements-- Cannot imagine that a human chain incident could lead to this chaos--I am sure that people affected by traffic would have had least sympathy if any for the cause
CHES & Diwali
This year was another good round of celebrations and time spent with the children of this orphanage-- Although the event was at 10 Am , I landed at 9:15 and so and the kids on seeing me exclaimed " we are getting new clothes " that said a couple of things to me -- The children knew that if they see me , it is new clothes time and another strong message , that I am not visiting them regularly ( note regularly )
Bala and team did a wonderful job-- we improved on last year
-- Last year we struggled to get in and out of Pangal Park to get dresses for the children -- this year we found a shop in Valsrawakkam that was close by to the orphanage and we could also bring in children to the shop to get the measurement right- How they loved it --- This was so evident when they got the new clothes and then wore them immediately and showed their happiness- Last year , the lunch was a on banana leaf and we served them -- we found that this took time and also the kids struggled to eat sitting on the floor-- this time we arranged a packed lunch and the distribution was easy and the kids liked the container as well -- More happiness and joy to them --
for entertainment , I got hold of a Humour club person who spoke at my Rotary club as well as the Shakthi Forum at the FBSC-- Usha Ramkey had lot of "mokkai " jokes and questions that got the children going for the day -- The children gave back us a small Skit and a lovely dance number for a song from the film Indira -- What a talent they showcased - Our Rotary President gave a powerful speech in Tamil -- it was like he spoke with the kids in Tamil -- The team did their portion of entertainment -- There was a Mehandi Mela ---
Overall there was great satisfaction to all of us that participated-- I left wondering what wrong did these kids did to be in a home and not knowing what they suffered from-- I had no answer but tears rolled.
There was press coverage in the Times and Hindu newspapers as well
Good Customer Service
I wanted to share what good customer service is all about -- I had paid dues to Race Club and then when I have received my next month statement , it showed up my check paid as INR 20 short paid -- I called the Accounting and asked them -- They said they needed a proof from my bank that the check was cleared for the amount I wrote across-- The person explained that they bunch up checks and bank them and when the credit came , it was INR 20 short and since my check was the first on the list , they short credited me-- I was aghast and felt terrible-- However , I got them a proof of my check being paid out for the amount it was written and faxed the copy to them and left it -- I was pleasantly surprised to received a revised statement that showed up a " Journal " crediting the INR 20 to me and a apology note from the club- The cost of the courier and others would have exceeded the INR 20-- they could have sent in the correction in the next statement -- But what was impressive was they quickly addressed the mistake and also made sure that corrective actions were done and I was kept informed-- Good lesson to copy for handling mistake management with customers-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections