Snippets

The T20 Champions League -- Chennai Super Kings are deserved Winners

I say that because Chennai played as one unit through the tournament , were quiet in their preparation and knew exactly what they need to do and everyone played their part to perfection.

As I followed the lead up to the tournament , the team that talked too much was the Mumbai Indians and they did not even make it to the Semi Finals . Not that they played badly but simply got the wrong end of the stick in their matches .

The team that had the best strategy was Royal Challengers, but they faltered in implementing them on the field. Teams from NewZealand , Srilanka and West Indies were out of depth.

The teams from South Africa and Australia did well but were done in by Dhoni's men -
Redbacks from Australia played aggressive cricket that could not succedd at all times. Consistency was missing .

Dhoni lead the CSK admirably with calmed assurance and trusted his team. The team was the most balanced . Their batsmen delivered in each match ( With Murali Vijay being the top scorer and getting the Golden bat award ) , Ashwin getting the maximum no of victims with his stump to stump line and the fielding lead by Raina top notch. So with everyone contributing on a consistent basis, how can Chennai not win ?

Things will change for the next IPL and Championship league. With the three year moratorium ending on players playing with the same team ending this year ,fresh auction will happen. So the entire team compositions are bound to change . So it will be very interesting to watch the auction process , bidding and who lands up with which team ! All this is interesting -- is it not ? Did you notice that "Change is the only constant" and it creates excitment !!
PS : I watched one instance where Royal Challengers executed their strategy brilliantly and this was great to watch. Kieron Pollard has built up reputation as a smasher and he hits any ball with ease over the boundary. As Pollard trooped in the 14th over of Mumbai Indian innings , Royal Challengers had their strategy ready to execute. They had Dale Steyn bowling at 145KMPH and having doubts on Pollard's ability to handle the short ball, it was short pitched stuff at good speed. And the field setting by Kumble was great. A short leg and a slip in the 14th over of a T20 game. And did the strategy work ?- It did as Steyn bowled two well directed short pitched ones that had Pollard ducking and swaying ..Made him totally uncomfortable.. The third one was slow, length ball and with Pollard pushed right back , he just did not have his feet, hand eye coordination in place and his attempt to play resulted in a leading edge that was gobbled up happily by RCB-- This was one instance where strategy was executed to perfection !!

Driving correctly
I was driving around with visitors from not our part of the world around Chennai and suburbs ( last Sunday 19th Sept ). I was very careful not to make the regular driving mistakes- I did not honk through the four hour travel ,although in a normal case, I would have used the horn at many points. I kept to the right lanes , watched the traffic signals carefully , did not get irritated by the violations around me and was very happy .
What drove to me this ?
It is being disciplined and I need someone in the car ( not belonging to here ) to get me to be disciplined ?
Wanted to show off my careful driving skills ?
We know how to drive ?
We respect everyone ?
Whatever it was -- Definitely , at lease it made me think as to why I cannot drive the same way every day. I can tell you , I am trying but not able to replicate what I did the other day !! ( Radha -- did you notice this ?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I somehow lost interest on 20:20 in the recent year. I neither followed them on TV nor on newpapers to the extent that I didn't know who played the finals. Good to hear that Aswhin came out well and I hope he gets into the playing XI against Australia

I did notice your driving but we had our share in the form of cattles and crowd around few villages on the Toll (OMR) road. We pay the toll to see them.. interesting.

It is good to follow such driving practice and I try doing it. I enjoy it but our fellow drivers on the road don't allow and we sometime look like fools.

But we did have a great ride, isn't Sri. I know it upset your Home Minister..
Thx Radha
Anonymous said…
Interesting pieces. Enjoyed reading them. Rajan

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Hearts Project -- 25th May 2023-- 500 Surgeries Milestone

Nostalgia of Learning -- 1980 s Watching the 9 PM News on DD

The First Flight Experience Nostalgic Recollections